I found this post on a great blog I visit from time to time called Providence Chapel.
Our Posture Before the Word of God, Part 1
Regarding the Bible–
1. If I find something with which I do not agree, I am wrong.
2. If I find something which I cannot understand, it is wrong of me to judge it on that account.
3. If I find something which contradicts the clear teaching of Scripture elsewhere, I cannot be right.
4. If I find something which would slander the revealed character of God, I am wrong; Caution: that which is “unworthy of God” is not decided by man.
5. If I find something in Scripture which brings up an apparent contradiction, I am wrong not to face it squarely.
– to be continued
– Tom Lyon